- Arrive 10 minutes before class is scheduled to begin
- Start and end class on time
- Provide a break halfway through class
- Respect the space and students
- No choice-coaching; there are no right or wrong choices, but there are higher- and lower-percentage choices
- Give feedback frequently and readily
- Arrive on time or be early
- Respect the space and your fellow classmates
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- Stay off your phone during class
- Don’t bring food to class; water with a closable lid is fine
- Trash ends up in a bin, not the floor
- Be attentive when you aren’t up
- Be mindful of the space and personal boundaries of those around you
Gutty’s Comedy Club and the GCC Improv Aesthetics Team is a SAFE SPACE. What does that mean for you as a student?
Gutty’s Comedy Club and the GCC Improv Aesthetics Team believe in a safe and inclusive space. We do not tolerate racism, sexism, agism, homophobia, or any other bigoted or hateful speech or action. If you feel unsafe at any time please immediately take one (or all) of the following actions:
1) Email your teacher at firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Email Gutty’s Comedy Club at email@example.com
The following is also not tolerated: gendered insults, violence towards women, and portraying non- consensual sex.
Students of improv learn as much from each other as from the instructors, so your attendance is vital to the success of the class, your classmates, and yourself. Missing more than two classes will compromise your ability to advance to the next level while full attendance does not necessarily guarantee advancement.
There is one designated bathroom break during a class. If you can’t wait or require more than one break please quietly do your thing; no need to ask permission, we’re all adults.
GCC Improv Aesthetics is a safe, creative, and collaborative environment; any complaints to the contrary are dealt with immediately.
After the course you will have an opportunity to fill out an anonymous course evaluation about your class experience. This feedback helps us to improve and sustain a fun and educational atmosphere.
At the end of each level, the instructor will recommend students for advancement, repetition, or dismissal on an individual basis. The final evaluation, which determines advancement, cannot be given if a student has not paid the class balance.